About Me

My photo
Experienced Information Technology leader, author, system administrator, and systems architect.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Book Review: Making Things Happen

Project Management Made Interesting

Making Things Happen is a project management book that breaks away from the usual mold. There is so much emphasis on a PMP certification that many project management titles have become dry recitations of the PMBOK. Not so with this book!

The book is eminently readable, and the advice is well-grounded in real-world experience. As I read the book, I found myself taking notes for how to apply the information to deal with issues that were coming up in my own projects.

The tools from the PMBOK are valuable, but there are only so many times you can read a re-hash of an exam cram. "Making Things Happen" was a delightful read that reminded me why it is fun to run a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment